Did you know the Diocese has…?
- 324 churches including the Cathedral
- 237 Parishes, joined to form 123 Benefices
- 143 full-time clergy
- 49 self supporting clergy
- 144 Readers
- 17,700 people attend churches regularly
- 97 Church of England schools
And did you know…?
- Chaplains work in hospitals, prisons, colleges and universities, with HIV/AIDS, in industry and with the disabled
- St Martins House at the heart of Leicester is the home to Diocesan and Cathedral Staff, Outreach facilities, rentable office space and high class Conference and Hospitality facilities
- St Philip’s Centre for Study and Engagement in a Multi-Faith Society provides training for Christians, other faiths and civic partners
- Launde Abbey is the Diocesan Retreat House at East Norton, welcoming thousands of people each year to a place of prayer and Christian hospitality
- Street Pastors provides late night support to people in the City Centre
- The Welcome Project offers practical help and support to asylum seekers and refugees
- Rural Officers link those living and working in the countryside with support services