St Mark’s Pensnett
The congregation of St Mark’s is looking for a prayerful priest to work with them in bringing the Gospel to a new generation in fresh ways.
We would welcome a priest who:
- is able to think outside the box;
- enjoys working with people of all ages;
- will appreciate involvement in the church school;
- is looking to recognise gifts in others;
- will gladly nurture new ministries;
- has good listening and pastoral skills;
- is willing to innovate and develop new works;
- feels comfortable moving between a variety of liturgical styles;
- engages with people from a variety of backgrounds within the local community;
- nurtures faith and makes the Gospel relevant.
The Parish of Pensnett sits within an urban regeneration area, yet it is also on the edge of the Staffordshire greenbelt. The church is nicknamed “the cathedral of the Black Country” and has recently undergone re‐ordering. We recognise the challenge of reconnecting with the local community and are looking for leadership and encouragement on the journey.
To find out more, download our parish profile from
Application form available from
The Bishop’s Oﬃce, The Old Palace,
Deansway, Worcester WR1 2JE
Closing Date: Friday 30 November 2018
Interviews will be held on 7 January 2019
Post subject to Enhanced DBS
Closing date: 30 November 2018