We are an inclusive church, welcoming to everyone, offering a peaceful place for prayer and reflection, together with inspiring services of words and music.
St Alfege Church, a Crown living, is the Anglican parish church in the centre of Greenwich. It is a beautiful building, designed by Nicholas Hawksmoor, within a World Heritage Site and has a diverse congregation, a rich musical tradition and a thriving church school.
There has been a church here for over a thousand years, dedicated to the memory of Alfege, the Archbishop of Canterbury who was martyred on this site in 1012.Today the church is known and loved for its uplifting services, beautiful music, and for its welcome to visitors and engagement in community life.
We are seeking a Vicar who:
- Is Christ-centred and outward-focussed
- Is a leader in mission and community engagement
- Will support the strong choral and liberal tradition of the church
- Can provide considered, thoughtful preaching to nurture and teach the congregation
- Is empathetic, friendly, approachable; can be formal and informal, with a sense of humour
- Has strong leadership, management and communication skills
For the parish profile and an application pack please go to:
Closing Date: Wednesday 2 September
Parish Visit: To be confirmed
Interviews: Wednesday 21 October
A satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Record plus Barred List
Check disclosure is required for this post
Closing date: 02 September 2020