Suburban parish of 5000 in West London: Central Tradition
Are you: Dynamic, prayerful, up for a challenge and full of ideas for making our church more relevant, informative and exciting?
We are a well-established church with an ER of 145 and a Sunday
worshipping community of 100 or so; a congregation that focuses on worship, fellowship and community, in a style that is “neither high nor low but with a degree of formality”. We’re open-minded and inclusive, celebrating the ministry of all God’s people. We aim to teach and model a credible and informed faith in a changing, diverse and complex world. We wish to evolve in our faith, increase our prayerfulness and share the love of Christ in our community.
- An experienced, committed, prayerful and compassionate priest to support our growth as confident Christians
- An inspiring leader who can connect with people at all levels, encouraging involvement and contribution of others
- Someone who, according to our Junior Church, can be “cheeky and fun” – and is willing to join in the nativity play!
- Someone who can relate the Bible intelligently and creatively to modern life
- Someone who is keen to seek the will of God and to shape our minds and hearts to serve Him; mindful of our existing community and faith but ready to lead us to new ways to put our faith into action both in and outside the church.
- A breath of fresh air to stir us up and help us evolve.
Good buildings. 6 bedroom vicarage, newly refurbished.
SSM clergy team. Lay Ministers.
Thriving Junior Church. Attached Japanese congregation.
Good community links.
Multicultural context. Excellent local CofE Schools.
Parish profile (PDF format) and application form from:
The Bishop of Willesden
020 8451 0189
Closing date for applications: 27 June 2019
Interviews: 19 July 2019
Enhanced DBS clearance will be required.
We welcome applications from all. However, we are aware that women and those from ethnic minority groups are currently under-represented among our clergy and so we particularly encourage applications from these groups.
Appointment will of course be based on merit alone.
Closing date: 27 June 2019