The Archdeacon of Dorchester, The Warden and Fellows of New College and The Rector and Fellows of Lincoln College wish to appoint a VICAR
We are a Benefice of four villages in lovely countryside to the North East of Oxford. Two of our villages, Beckley and Horton-cum-Studley, are on Otmoor, a wild and beautiful moor (an SSSI), part of which is an RSPB nature reserve.
We are looking for a friendly new VICAR who will share with us in caring for everyone who lives here. The vicarage, a modern four-bedroom house with garden, is within 5 miles of the centre of Oxford and good public transport links mean that London or Birmingham can be reached in about an hour.
We have been described as four of the friendliest villages in the Diocese of Oxford. As much happens on a Sunday afternoon and evening as it does on a Sunday morning. We have children’s churches, all age worship, Common Worship, BCP, Choral Evensong, Taizé and Iona services, formal and informal and everything in between. We have a flourishing team of lay leaders and associate clergy.
If you have:
- The ability to help the parishes to grow spiritually and manifest God’s love in our communities.
- Enthusiasm to inspire and lead whilst relating sensitively to all in our villages whatever their background or beliefs.
- An understanding of rural ministry, being comfortable engaging in a range of village activities.
- The ability to preach well and stimulate thought.
- Adaptability to address differing theological approaches within a wide age profile.
- Strong organisational skills, with focus on the development of co-operation and mutual support.
- A will to encourage and expand our existing Lay Leadership.
Then we should be delighted to hear from you!
Closing date 2 June 2019
Interview date 24 June 2019
Application Form and Parish Profile available at: www.oxford.anglican.org
Applications to be returned to:
The Archdeacon of Dorchester,
Church House Oxford, Langford Locks, Kidlington, OX5 1GF
Telephone: 01865 208245
DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required.
Closing date: 02 June 2019