We are a prayerful, friendly, welcoming church family at the heart of our local community. Our vision is for ‘Faith Without Boundaries’ so that all in our parish may experience God’s love.
New Haw is home to around 9,000 people and has a strong
village atmosphere with schools covering Nursery, Infant, Junior and
Secondary education, independent shops, a library and recreational facilities. There are excellent rail and road links to Woking, London and Heathrow.
Our church halls host many parish activities including youth clubs and karate as well as a drop-in café. Ministry to families, children and young people is an important focus for us, as well as appreciating and encouraging the contribution of our older members.
We seek a Vicar confident in connecting with the wider community and in leading a breadth of worship styles who is:
- Energetic and enthusiastic, able to motivate the church family in God’s work
- Able to discern and risk using people’s gifts, nurturing discipleship
- A good listener, approachable, sensitive, compassionate and a person of prayer
- A naturally friendly, outgoing communicator
- Able to help us to reach those on the margins of our community and the missing generations
- Open-minded and able to lead us in growing a church to include all
- Able to build on our church values to achieve long-term vision
Details from www.cofeguildford.org.uk/about/vacancies
or Mrs Frances-Anne Cross, PA to the Archdeacon of Dorking
Church House Guildford, Alan Turing Rd, Guildford GU2 7YF
01483 790352 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7 February 2019
Interviews: 27 & 28 February 2019
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance
Closing date: 07 February 2019