The Bishop of Guildford is seeking to appoint a Vicar of St Jude’s United Church, Englefield Green
St Jude’s United Church is an LEP of Anglicans and Methodists worshipping together and united in vision to transform our local community.
Home to many students who attend Royal Holloway University of London, the Parish is 21 miles from London and retains a village atmosphere.
We are seeking a new Vicar with visionary leadership who will enable us to embrace an exciting new chapter of outreach, working alongside our Methodist Minister (.25 post) . There is great potential for growth in the parish with our popular ‘Village Centre’ facilities providing a community ‘hub’ and a willing and dedicated team.
We are praying for a new incumbent who
- has a vibrant Christian faith robust and deeply rooted in Christ
- is a collaborative leader, able to nurture, motivate and affirm the gifts and contributions of others
- will help us to grow disciples, especially in areas of the parish that we are not currently reaching and will be actively and visibly involved in the community.
- will help us to sustain our strengths and work on our weaknesses as we grow together in faith.
- is comfortable with both traditional and contemporary worship styles
- wants to share with us the excitement of where God may lead us next
Our parish profile is on the diocesan website:
The position provides a 4 bed-roomed Vicarage and garden near the centre of the village.
For an application form please contact:
Mrs Frances-Anne Cross, PA to the Archdeacon of Dorking, 20 Alan Turing Road,
Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YF 01483 790352 *email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 10th January 2019
Interview dates: 13th & 14th February 2019
Closing date: 10 January 2019