London Diocese and CPAS
for the post of
Vicar Christ Church Cockfosters
Our prayer is for a vicar to lead, teach, challenge and care for us. Our church reflects God’s love for the world in the way we live and relate to others. God’s Word, the Bible, is our guide in encountering God and His will for our lives. Our faith, rooted in Christ’s saving work on the cross, transforms and equips us to do His work.
We are looking for:
- A conservative evangelical with deep personal conviction in the Bible’s truth and authority, open to God’s leading through His Spirit.
- A Biblical expository preacher, to preach and teach, faithful to the gospel of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
- A visionary team player to lead and inspire a large staff team.
- A pastor to engage with, support and care for individuals.
- A man of prayer and integrity to teach and lead us in the
necessity of prayer.
- An evangelist with a passion to reach out with the gospel to those who don’t yet know Christ.
- A discipler, able to encourage every member to use their
Christ Church Cockfosters is a large evangelical church in a pleasant and diverse North London suburb, ER 475. We have an outstanding church school and good links with Oak Hill Theological College.
The PCC has requested, on the grounds of theological conviction that arrangements be made for it in accordance with the House of Bishops’ Declaration on the Ministry of Bishops and Priests.
For informal enquiries contact: Kathy Burch, CPAS Patronage
firstname.lastname@example.org 0300 123 0780 ext 4388
For full details and to apply visit pathways.churchofengland.org
Closing date: 24 January • Interviews and visits 5 & 6 March
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS