The Bishop of Guildford seeks to appoint a
to the parish of Wrecclesham
St Peter’s church stands at the heart of Wrecclesham offering, in Christ’s name, a warm welcome, faithful witness and loving service.
The Parish of Wrecclesham is situated on the outskirts of Farnham. The Victorian church has recently been substantially re-ordered and offers a bright welcoming home for our Eucharistically-based church community.
Our new Parish Development Plan has made us aware of our need to further enable people to grow in faith, explore new
opportunities to reach out to the surrounding community, develop our
engagement with children and young families and encourage
and deepen commitment and stewardship.
We are seeking to appoint an incumbent who:
- will encourage lay ministry;
- is able to communicate scripture effectively to people of all ages and backgrounds;
- is willing to explore ways to make our worship attractive to people of all generations;
- has strong pastoral gifts to inspire, teach and encourage;
- is open to new ideas and capable of communicating them persuasively but sensitively;
- will work to strengthen links with the whole community;
- will use their imagination to maximise the use of the asset represented by our re-ordered church building.
We believe that this appointment will be an exciting opportunity for someone with energy and enthusiasm to collaborate with us as we seek under God to expand the work of the church. We offer a
supportive PCC and administrative team and a loving church
For more information contact:
Mrs Frances-Anne Cross, PA to the Archdeacon of Dorking,
Diocesan House, Quarry Street, Guildford GU1 3XG
(01483 790352) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 9th November 2017
Interviews to be held on 28th & 29th November 2017
Appointment is subject to enhanced DBS clearance