St James, Porchester lies on the outskirts of Nottingham. We are a warm and welcoming community.
We are seeking a vicar who:
- Can help us to grow disciples, especially in areas of the parish and with age profiles (13-45year olds) that we are not currently reaching.
- Is outward focussed and will help us develop the contacts we already have on the “fringe” of church on the journey towards a mature faith.
- Is willing to work collaboratively with neighbouring parishes to establish a new worshiping community in expanding housing developments on the northern boundary of the parish
- Will help our congregation to grow deeper in faith through preaching and teaching.
- Is a collaborative team player, able to nurture, motivate and affirm the gifts and contributions of others.
- Has a love for prayer and a desire to encourage others to pray.
- Is friendly and approachable with a sense of humour!
We are able to offer:
- A vision for the future which has been developed through the PCC and consultation with the congregation but open to leadership and development.
- An enthusiastic leadership team who are open to new approaches.
- Paid employees, including a Children and Families Worker, an
- Administrator and a Musical Worship Leader.
- A significant legacy, providing opportunities for mission and the
- development of the church building.
If you feel God is calling you to fill this vacancy, we would love to meet you.
Closing date: 8 October 2018 • Interview: 21 November 2018
For an informal discussion and further information contact:
Sarah Clark, Archdeacon of Nottingham, on 07917 693285 or
Please apply via:http://pathways.churchofengland.org/cofe/
Ref No: TP/146/508
Details are also available to view on the Diocesan website:
For application queries: Jo Padmore, PA to the Archdeacons, Jubilee House, Westgate, Southwell, Notts. NG25 0JH
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Tel: 01636 817206
We welcome applications from suitably qualified clergy from all sections
of the community and we strive to be an equal opportunity employer.
Enhanced DBS clearance required.
Closing date: 08 October 2018