For over 150 years Mr. Willats’ Charity has
provided grants to support lay workers in churches and Christian charities throughout England and Wales.
APPOINTMENT OF TRUSTEES
In order to advance the work of the Charity, it is seeking to add to its Board by appointing ordained people with experience of parish life and the mission of the church and lay people with experience in any one or more of the following areas: mission, lay working in churches, finance, marketing, grant making and charity practice.
The trustee role in Mr.Willats’ Charity requires:
- a Christian faith
- an awareness and understanding of the mission of the church
- a commitment to the ethos, values and work of Mr.Willats’ Charity
- a willingness to contribute to the development of a strategy for the Charity
- an understanding of governance
- a sound and objective judgement
- good interpersonal skills
- an availability to attend meetings and to assess grant applications and reports.
Whilst the role of a trustee is a voluntary one, reasonable out of pocket travel and associated expenses will be paid. A full induction and orientation will be
offered together with ongoing training and support.
For further information, please contact Quentin Elston, the Clerk to the
T: 01225 331499
M: Mr.Willats’ Charity, PO Box 3883, Bath, Somerset, BA1 0AQ
Reg. Charity No.202269. Reg. Co. No.8772223