The Bishop of Leicester is seeking to appoint a full-time Team Vicar to lead St Catharine’s Church in Houghton on the Hill, as well as to take a key role in the leadership and development of our recently designated Resourcing Church Team.
We are an evangelical team of churches with a commitment to
evangelism, discipleship, and service to our communities, with a focus on seeing people of all ages ‘Turn to Jesus, Grow in Jesus, Love like Jesus’.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is able to deepen discipleship and help others to grow.
- Will lead in evangelism and mission, both within the existing church and through new initiatives.
- Is able to recognize and nurture gifts in others, so that people may be released in ministry of all kinds.
- Is a ‘people person’ and strong communicator, who can develop strong relationships both within the churches and in the wider community.
- Is comfortable with a pioneering approach, willing to take risks for the gospel, and with a commitment to a church-planting approach.
Application forms and parish profile are available from:
Mrs Wendy Dunnington,
St Martins House, 7 Peacock Lane, Leicester LE1 5PZ
Tel: 0116 261 5309 • Email: email@example.com
or view the details on the web: www.leicester.anglican.org or at
Closing date for applications: 10 April 2019
Interviews: 17 May 2019
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure
There is An Occupational Requirement for the appointed person to be an ordained member of the Church of England under the 2010 Equality Act, Part 1, Schedule 9.
Closing date: 10 April 2019