BEDWORTH (ALL SAINTS AND ST ANDREW’S)
Bedworth is a large town and parish (32,268), just to the north of
Coventry, mixed socially but with significant areas of deprivation. All Saints and St Andrew’s could have a significant role in working with
others in addressing the needs and aspirations of people in these more disadvantaged areas.
We are in good health and ready for growth! Our Natural Church
Development (NCD) surveys, which indicate the health of a church across 8 Essential Qualities for a growing church are excellent and put us in the top 15% of churches conducting surveys in the country.
We welcome applications from people who are committed to the
Diocesan Mission Purpose and delivery of the 8 Essential Qualities in an urban context, and who are:
- Highly consultative, collaborative and empowering leaders, who welcome the opinions, insights and active involvement and
contribution of a wide range of people (including youth) within and beyond the congregation.
- Passionate about social action and are committed to the church being a lead agency in transformation and regeneration, including working in partnership with other churches in the area
ecumenically, and with local schools.
- Committed to the power of transformational prayer in the life of a church.
- Gifted in developing approaches to evangelism and worship
appropriate for growth in our context.
- Experienced in the development of small groups which
contribute to the growth of the church.
- ‘Nice, funny and friendly’! (quote from an 11 year old!).
Informal conversations very welcome:
Archdeacon Missioner, Ven Morris Rodham
Email: email@example.com • Tel: 07506 731 892 or
Associate Area Dean, the Reverend Heather Barnes
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Tel: 024 7639 2266
Further details and application form are available from:
Closing date for applications: Noon, Friday 31st August.
Interviews: To be held on Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th September
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.