Diocese of Coventry
Making New Disciples
SELF SUPPORTING OR HOUSE FOR DUTY
(with special responsibility for evangelism, schools ministry
and newer forms of church)
The benefices of Brailes, Sutton-under-Brailes, Tysoe, Oxhill & Whatcote are situated in lovely, rural south Warwickshire approximately 10 miles from Stratford upon Avon and a similar distance from Banbury in Oxfordshire. The Associate Minister, working with the newly appointed incumbent, will help these five rural Parishes build on good relationships with their communities, inspiring people ‘on the fringes’, including in our 2 church schools, to make appropriate steps towards becoming disciples of Jesus.
We welcome applications from priests who have:
- Inspired people (especially young people and families) to grow to know and love Jesus from excellent relationships, including through ministry in schools.
- Attracted and stimulated people not familiar with traditional church contexts by creating different worship styles (e.g. Messy Church, Café Church).
- As part of a team, encouraged and empowered people of all ages to become active members and leaders within their worshipping communities.
- Built excellent relationships between local churches and their communities.
- Achieved the above whilst still contributing positively to the ‘normal’ pattern of services and ministry.
Further details and application form are available from
or Assistant to the Archdeacons, email@example.com (024 7652 1342)
Informal conversations very welcome:
Area Dean, the Reverend Canon Dr Jill Tucker, firstname.lastname@example.org
(07973 994 800), or Archdeacon Missioner, the Venerable Morris Rodham, Morris.Rodham@CovCofE.org (07506 731892).
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 27th October
Interviews: Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th November.
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.