A full-time reporter is sought to work in a busy London office as part of the 13-strong editorial team that produces the Church Times in print, online, and on the CT app.
Readers depend upon the Church Times for informed, well-researched, balanced, timely stories. Our news desk covers a broad range of subjects, including current affairs in the UK and overseas, church politics, safeguarding, and law.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a good working knowledge of the Anglican Church
- excellent communication skills
- a track record of finding and pursuing stories
- a concern for accuracy and fact-checking, and a clear writing style
- a quick grasp of the issues and sensitivities of the given subject matter
- the ability to work quickly to tight deadlines without any loss of quality, including filing breaking news stories and posting them to the website and on social media
- a working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (a strong social media presence is desirable)
- a basic understanding of content management systems
- the ability to work individually, as well as part of a close-knit team
- willingness to work out of hours at short notice, in return for time off in lieu
What we offer:
A flexible and friendly working environment in our offices near the Barbican
Invaluable experience and career progression on a busy news desk
A contributory pension scheme
The Church Times is owned by Hymns Ancient & Modern, a registered charity. Also in the group are SCM-Canterbury Press, Church House Publishing, the Church House Bookshop, Norwich Books and Music (distributors), and other periodicals.
Please email the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a CV, referees, examples of your work, and an indication of your present salary and availability, by the end of Monday 24 February 2020.
Interviews: Thursday 27 February
Hours: full-time (9 to 5) with some flexible working
Closing date: 24 February 2020