IN THE HUDDERSFIELD EPISCOPAL AREA
The welcoming and committed congregations of St Michael and All
Angels, Thornhill (Population 7490; ASA 69) and St Mary and St Michael Whitley Lower (Population 500; ASA 21), situated between Huddersfield and Dewsbury, are looking for a new rector who will journey with us,
inspiring, encouraging and leading us to be better disciples of Jesus Christ.
Our new rector will be:
- An approachable and inspirational team leader who will nurture what we already have and help our church families to grow both numerically and in knowledge of and commitment to Jesus Christ
- Passionate about working with children, young people and
families in school and in the community helping them grow in faith and commitment
- Creative in seeking new ways to bring Christianity afresh to
baptism families and to those under 50
- Friendly and outgoing, committed to making each of our churches more visible in the community in which it is set
- Flexible and comfortable with working in both a suburban and rural setting to meet the differing needs of our two communities
There is a modern five bedroomed Rectory in a pleasant residential area and access to a range of good local schools both primary and secondary.
For more about how we serve and celebrate community in
the Diocese see our new film:
For further details, parish profile and an application pack see:
or contact The Archdeacon of Halifax,
Phone: 07980 751902
Closing Date: 6th February 2018
Interviews: 21st February 2018
The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.