The congregation of St Mary’s is looking for the person who has been called by God to lead us on the next stage of our journey of faith. Our new Rector will:
- nurture the spiritual life of our congregation and help to add to our numbers;
- lead both contemporary and traditional styles of worship, with empathy for our longstanding musical traditions;
- be committed to encouraging the further development of lay involvement in pastoral ministry and leadership;
- have the desire and ability to engage with young people in imaginative ways;
- build on our outreach to local schools, families and community groups.
Old Swinford is a compact, urban parish on the south-western edge of the West Midlands with an attractive, historic church that is in good repair. We can offer the support of an experienced administrator and a leadership team that is committed to building a church that meets the needs of our modern-day community. A spacious, refurbished, seventeenth century rectory is adjacent to the church.
To find out more, download our parish profile from
Application form available from:
The Bishop’s Oﬃce, The Old Palace,
Deansway, Worcester WR1 2JE
Closing Date: Friday 2 November 2018
Interviews will be held on 26 November 2018
Post subject to Enhanced DBS
Closing date: 02 November 2018