Queen Thorne in Dorset is a thriving rural benefice adjoining the
Somerset border north of the ancient Dorset abbey town of
Sherborne. It comprises six parishes, Oborne, Over Compton and
Nether Compton, Poyntington, Sandford Orcas and Trent, set in
beautiful countryside. There are excellent facilities nearby with good road and rail links to London and the South West. It is just an hour’s drive from the spectacular Jurassic coast.
We are looking for a rector who will:
- Be confident and approachable
- Show a willingness to embrace our rural communities and get
involved in community life
- Inspire and work with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- With a pastoral heart, have a passion to develop the church in mission and ministry.
- Become an active, enthusiastic presence in the life of our flourishing village school
We offer friendly and open congregations, supportive PCC’s, well
maintained churches, sound financial common sense, supportive
colleagues, excellent refreshments and hospitality. The magnificent
rectory has high speed broadband and 4G reception.
For full details of this vacancy including the parish profile, please visit the diocesan website at www.salisbury.anglican.org/whos-who/job-vacancies/clergy
Application forms are also obtainable from The Sherborne Office
Closing date for receipt of applications: 2nd November 2018
Visit and Interview: 19th and 20th November 2018
CRB Enhanced disclosure required
Closing date: 02 November 2018