The Marquess of Salisbury as Patron seeks to appoint a Rector for The Benefice of Little Berkhamsted, Bayford, Essendon and Ponsbourne
This united benefice, known as the Hartford Hundred West Group of
Parishes, comprises four rural parishes with five churches in south east Hertfordshire to the west of Hertford. In the years since its formation, the group has a developed a coherance and distinct identity whilst retaining the individuality of the separate churches. The role of Rector is the lynch pin and key to this balance.
We are praying for a Rector who
- Will be a caring and empathetic priest with a listening ear, valuing worshippers of all ages and with differing degrees and styles of faith
- Has enthusiasm and confidence, keen to engage with the challenge of attracting young families, children and youth into our congregation and to maintaining our active engagement with our 3 church schools
- Has the management and delegation skills needed to keep our
Benefice of 5 churches running smoothly
- Appreciates the value of collaboration, desiring to discern and
develop the skills of others.
- Will value our group identity, seeking to widen and deepen its vision and mission whilst acknowledging the individual characteristics of each Church
- Will nurture us in our faith through strong spiritual leadership and teaching
- Understands the special demands of Rural Ministry and the nature of village life
- Appreciates and encourages the use of technology and social media as a tool of mission
- Has the wisdom and perception to see the needs we have which we may fail to see, and who will bring his or her own gifts and
experiences to the role
- Will enable the church to engage with the diocesan vision, ‘Living God’s Love’
Potential candidates need to contact
The Venerable Janet Mackenzie,
Archdeacon of Hertford, Glebe House,
St Mary’s Lane, Hertingfordbury, Hertford SG14 2LE
Telephone: 01727 818159 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
from whom further details can be obtained.
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For full details of this vacancy including the parish profile please visit the diocesan website: www.stalbans.anglican.org/diocese/vacancies
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 30 January 2019
Interview date: Thursday 28 February 2019
Closing date: 30 January 2019