We wish to appoint a
For the United Benefice of Cobham and Stoke D’Abernon, Surrey
There are two parishes in the United Benefice, each has dedicated, loving, lay and ordained ministry teams, and well cared for churches with excellent facilities and resources. The Rector is responsible for both churches, with a primary focus on the mission and ministry of St Andrew’s, Cobham and oversight of St Mary’s, Stoke D’Abernon, which has a full time Associate Minister.
‘To Know, Glorify and Make Christ Known’
St Andrew’s, is a church in the central tradition but drawing members from all strands of Anglican theology, uniting in corporate worship, in which they express their individual faith. The ‘family’ of the church is important, where there is a strong sense of love, acceptance and warmth. Our children’s and youth ministry is celebrated and vital
St Mary’s is of liberal catholic tradition, welcoming women as priests and bishops and is known for its high standard of music. The beauty and special nature of the church building is complemented by its setting in the grounds adjacent to Parkside School.
We pray God will bring us a priest who :
- Is an effective communicator, preacher and teacher
- Will build on our existing foundations and help us discover new ways of ministry and mission
- Is clear and confident about his/her beliefs and who respects the diversity of theological thought and worship styles at St Andrew’s
- Will actively support the development of our children and youth work, with a willingness to engage with our church school
- Shows an interest to strengthen and grow our music ministry, while maintaining its wide variety
- Is a strong team leader, who with love, passion and humour is ready to inspire and work with us
Our benefice profile is on the Diocesan website: www.cofeguildford.org.uk
For an application form, contact
Frances-Anne Cross, PA to the Archdeacon of Dorking on 01438 790352 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 8th February 2018
Interviews 7th and 8th March 2018.
Appointment subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.