Hermitage Team, Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Wanted: Rector for a growing Team that’s moving forward...
Comprising parishes with a total population of almost 10,000 around junction 13 of the M4, the Hermitage Team of seven churches lies in an area where rural beauty blends with vibrant urban life and amenities, including business, leisure and excellent schooling.
The Team congregations are in the process of growing together;
re-evaluating their needs and attitudes to faith and mission for the 21st Century. Supported by a dedicated and enthusiastic Ministry Team, the Team is looking to find its way forward and investigate new ground while remaining faithful to prayerful worship.
While working collaboratively to help us re-evaluate our vision and
values, the new Team Rector will also have special responsibility for and will take on the incumbency of the two most highly populated parishes.
Are you comfortable with a range of styles of worship and churchmanship between – and even within – congregations?
Can you relate to a wide range of people from different backgrounds and generations?
Are you being called for a new challenge?
Then we’re really interested in hearing from you! If you’d like to know more, or even come and have an informal chat and a look round, please contact us on 01635 201220
- Prayerful and of good integrity; open to leading by the Holy Spirit.
- Committed to the concept of and collaboration with Team Ministry.
- Identifying with a range of styles of worship.
- Experience of discerning and living out a vision at both parish and team level.
- Sympathetic to the complexity of modern rural communities.
- An outgoing ‘people’ person able to communicate at all levels
- Some leadership experience including ability to prioritise and delegate
”Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care,
serving as overseers – not because you must, but because you are
willing…” (1 Peter 5:2)
Closing Date: Thursday 1 February 2018
Interviews: Monday 19 February 2018
Further details and application from
www.oxford.anglican.org/category/vacancies/ or The Bishop of Reading’s office, Bishop’s House, Tidmarsh Lane,
Tidmarsh, Reading, RG8 8HA
Telephone: 0118 9841216
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required