The Bishop of Leicester is seeking to appoint a full-time Rector to serve the two church parish of Birstall and Wanlip.
Birstall is a suburban village to the north of Leicester and Wanlip an adjacent hamlet. We are a rapidly growing parish with an ever changing demographic profile. Our congregation is an open Christian community where people feel loved, respected and free to be fully themselves.
We seek a person who:
- Is a warm hearted and approachable leader with sensitive
- Will encourage team work, lay leadership, outreach and
pioneering work in the community
- Will, though their own prayerful faith help us to grow in faith, worship, teaching and discipleship bringing new ideas and energy
- Feels comfortable leading worship in a variety of ways with
- Is enthusiastic to work with schools, young people, and our ecumenical links
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact
Archdeacon of Leicester: Ven. Richard Worsfold
07487 616648 • email@example.com
Application forms and parish profile are available from:
Mrs Wendy Dunnington, St Martins House
7 Peacock Lane, Leicester LE1 5PZ
Tel: 07398 618824 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or view the details on our website by clicking the 'apply for this job' button below
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2021
Interviews: 26 March 2021
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
There is An Occupational Requirement for the appointed person to be an ordained member of the Church of England under the 2010 Equality Act, Part 1, Schedule 9.
Closing date: 24 February 2021