The Parish of Wiverton in the Vale invites applications for a full-time RECTOR
We are a group of six rural churches in an attractive area of South
Nottinghamshire that have recently amalgamated into the single parish
of Wiverton in the Vale. We’re seeking a rector who will relish the opportunity to lead us forward at this exciting and defining moment in the life of our churches.
Our vision is that, in the power of the Holy Spirit, the fellowship and
efficiency of our new parish structure will enable us to grow in faith
and build disciples
wider, younger and deeper in the communities that we love and serve.
- Consumed with a love of God that overflows into a love of people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Filled with ideas to help us implement our vision for our parish
- Keen to throw yourself into community life and demonstrate that rural ministry can thrive (“wider”).
- Experienced or actively interested in children’s/youth ministry, so that you can help us develop exciting new initiatives that are already under way in our parish (“younger”).
- A clear communicator with enthusiasm to share your own spiritual experience and to teach us more about our faith (“deeper”).
- A confident leader who enjoys teamwork and developing the
potential of others.
We’re ambitious, but we understand that one person can’t do everything! We will support you every step of the way with prayers, friendship and practical help.
We also offer:
- A beautiful place to live and work, with excellent local facilities and schools, and easy travel to nearby towns.
- A pleasant four-bedroomed rectory in a quiet location close to the centre of Cropwell Bishop, which is the largest village in the parish
- Varied communities and churches that are renowned for their warm welcome.
- A church family that is committed, hard-working and active in our communities – “A good bunch of people”.
- Financially healthy churches, with efficient administration and a commitment to paying full parish share.
We pray that God will draw you to us to help us fulfil His purpose for our parish.
Closing date: 2 June 2019 • Interview: 9 July 2019
For an informal discussion and further information contact:
The Revd Canon Phil Williams, Associate Archdeacon
Please apply via:
http://pathways.churchofengland.org/ Ref No: cofe/TP/146/1571
Details are also available to view on the Diocesan website:
Parish Profile: www.wivertoninthevale.co.uk/parish-profile
We welcome applications from suitably qualified clergy from all sections of the community and we strive to be an equal opportunity employer.
Enhanced DBS clearance required.
Closing date: 02 June 2019