We are five small and geographically distinct village parishes set in the beautiful rural countryside of East Hertfordshire. Our mission is to share God’s love as we actively reach out to and support each of the five village communities that we serve. Our vision is to continue to be a welcoming and diverse group of rural parishes serving local needs, demonstrating both individually and collectively a Christian witness that is relevant for the 21st century. Our aim is for each of our five parishes to maintain their different traditions of worship, while being open to working more closely together.
We are looking to welcome a Priest-in-Charge who understands the challenges of rural ministry and leading multiple parishes, and can creatively encourage and inspire people of all ages and backgrounds with the love of God in Jesus Christ.
You will be:
- a skilled and sensitive communicator, a good mixer, enabler and listener
- an approachable team player and able to lead, delegate, motivate and inspire
- comfortable with upholding several different worship traditions
- open and inclusive in your approach to ministry with an enthusiasm to work with ecumenical partners
- willing to engage with the diocesan vision, ‘Living God’s Love’
Potential candidates need to contact
The Venerable Janet Mackenzie, Archdeacon of Hertford, Glebe House,
St Mary’s Lane, Hertingfordbury, Hertford SG14 2LE
from whom further details can be obtained.
Telephone: 01727 818159 • E-mail: email@example.com
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the DBS For full details of this vacancy including the parish profile please visit the diocesan website: www.stalbans.anglican.org/diocese/vacancies
Closing date: 12noon, Tuesday 21 April 2020
Interview date: Thursday 21 May 2020
Closing date: 21 April 2020