The Bishop of Ely seeks to make a full-time appointment for a
to serve in the parishes of
Sawtry, Glatton and Holme with Conington
Our parishes in rural Cambridgeshire are looking for an Inspirational preacher, story-teller and team-builder experienced in working
collaboratively with worship teams, churches, schools and business. A person who will train and mentor new leaders, both the laity and those in training for licensed ministry, in the service of God; visible to, and
approachable by, the whole community.
This post will be attractive to a woman or a man who:
Has a strong desire for mission, plus excellent communication/interpersonal skills, engaging all age groups.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Help us to grow together in faith and empower us to share that faith in our community.
- Developing, building and maintaining good relationships within the congregation and with the wider community.
- Willing to undertake home visits or train and encourage others to do so including distribution of communion to the housebound.
- Prepared to play a visible role in the life of the schools and with the young people in our
- To initiate a new role across the deanery supporting work in secondary schools.
Closing Date for applications: Midnight Sunday 9th September 2018
Interviews on Tuesday 2nd October & preferred candidate
appointment on Monday 8th October 2018
An Application Form & Information Pack
can be downloaded from the Diocesan website:
The Diocese is committed to safer recruitment practices with people working or volunteering with children and therefore this position is
subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.