DIOCESE OF SOUTHWARK
The trustees of Pembroke College Mission with
the Bishop of Southwark and the Area Bishop of Woolwich
wish to appoint to the combined post of
Walworth, St Christopher
Warden of Pembroke College Cambridge Mission
Situated off the Old Kent Road, near the Elephant and Castle and 20 minutes easy travel to the centre of London, this exciting post combines the roles of Priest-in-Charge of St Christopher’s, a Eucharist centred parish, and Warden of Pembroke House, a visionary centre for social action.
St Christopher’s Church:
- Embraces open catholic worship
- Celebrates many cultures
- Is blessed with a mix of all ages, families and singles
- Values a preaching ministry
- Enjoys singing, praying and partying!
- Invests in the people of Walworth by supporting community life, promoting education and fighting for social justice.
- Hosts many projects for the wider community especially around health
- Exploring a settlement model for the 21st Century
- Has a full time Executive Director working closely with the Warden.
We are looking for a priest who is liturgically aware, with imagination and enthusiasm who will appreciate our diversity, relate well to
other faiths and groups and can carry forward the current healthy life of
St Christopher’s Church and Pembroke House.
The parish profile, job description and application forms are available from:
Mr Richard Coe, PA to the Archdeacon of Southwark, Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW
Tel: 020 7939 9413 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19th November 2018
Parish visit date: 12th December 2018
Interview date: 13th December 2018
This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure
Closing date: 19 November 2018