A growing parish where country meets town
We are a friendly and active Parish Church, just outside Bedford, seeking to appoint a Half Time Priest-in-Charge to inspire, lead and encourage us to grow our faith, spirituality and Church.
The priest we are looking for will be a person of spiritual depth and maturity, who will also have the following characteristics:
- an ability to communicate at all levels; being able to listen, engage and empathise with young and old alike; appreciating and utilising the freshness and energy of the young, and recognising and valuing the experience of the elderly.
- skill at leading and managing people; ability to take bold and
difficult decisions where necessary, whilst retaining pastoral warmth, humour and good relationships.
- a desire to celebrate the inherited Anglican liturgy, and yet explore imaginative approaches to worship as required in an increasingly secular world.
- an ability to lead and support us in our review and development
of work with young people and their families; being able to respond to the opportunities offered by the recent growth in Renhold’s population whilst maintaining the rural heritage of the parish.
- to be present in Renhold, taking part in the life of the community, and ideally resident in Renhold Vicarage.
This half time position offers breadth, variation and flexibility as it
could be coupled with another suitable part time role. It could provide time for study or research, or may be suitable for a priest currently in a large benefice but seeking a less busy parish, perhaps in an approach to retirement.
Enhanced DBS Disclosure is required
Closing date for applications: Monday 1 April 2019
Interview date: Monday 15 April 2019
Please visit our Parish Profile at
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Ms Linda Garton, PA to the Bishop of Bedford,
Bishop’s Lodge, Bedford Rd, Cardington, Bedford MK41 3SS
Tel: 01234 831432 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 01 April 2019