Scottish Episcopal Church, Diocese of Glasgow & Galloway
Linked Charge - St Margaret’s, Renfrew & St John’s, Johnstone.
Full Stipend with flexible housing or allowance option.
St Margaret’s, Renfrew and St John’s Johnstone have been linked for the last 20 years. We have an exciting opportunity for a Priest to join and lead two unique, loyal and committed congregations with
established support for incoming clergy. Both churches are focused on spiritual growth in depth and numbers and building sustainable
Christian communities and centres of worship.
Notably, St Margaret’s have recently concluded significant
investment in the church building, including a new roof. St John’s have initiated a programme of work that will see improvement to the church
building. This post provides an opportunity for someone to build on
each congregation’s achievements of the last decade and bring
their own thoughts and ideas to how we collectively grow and strengthen the congregations and our worship over the coming years.
We seek a Priest who has:
- Experience of working with a congregation as well as the wider community
- Commitment to mission and outreach
- Ability to encourage, support and motivate all members of the congregation
- Ability to preach concise, stimulating and engaging sermons
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good listening skills, own transport, sense of humour.
- Experience and ability to relate to young people and children
- Great leadership qualities and commitment to planning
- Ability to identify and encourage volunteers in the congregation
- Knowledge of the Scottish Episcopal Church
Full details about the charge can be obtained from St Margaret’s
Closing date: Friday 25th August
Interview date: W/C 3rd September
For Parish Profile and Application Form contact:
Mr John Mitchell
Tel: 01505 862570
Post subject to satisfactory PVG Disclosure