Diocese of Coventry
Making New Disciples
The Diocese of Coventry has an integrated strategy based on
growing healthy churches, with a strategic emphasis on 20s-30s. We have recognised the huge importance of equipping laity for whole of life ministry, and have just secured significant funding from the Church Commissioners to develop this strategy further.
PT LEARNING MENTOR
(‘RESOURCING THE VISION’)
£15,225 (£30,450 pro rata) Lay or ordained. 17.5 hours per week.
The role of the Learning Mentor (Resourcing the Vision) will be to
develop the integration of our healthy churches strategy into the
long-term life of the diocese by training disciples in churches to align
vision and resources, with a focus on mentoring and training in how to improve their regular stewardship and funding streams. The role will
offer a clear and compelling vision for Christian giving, promoting a
culture of generosity, and offer resources to support churches in the development of Christian stewardship. It will provide finance and
fundraising guidance and support to a range of people at parish level.
You will be part of the Diocesan Training Partnership (DTP) team focusing on lay training and development.
This role will involve:
- Mentoring personally, and identifying and training teams of volunteer ‘Learning Mentors’ to support people in their development and understanding of Christian giving and promotion of a culture of generosity and Christian stewardship.
- Developing and mentoring Learning Communities covering similar skill sets.
- Networking and signposting to existing resources (including identifying good quality home-grown parish, Deanery and DBE based courses).
- Delivering courses locally.
- Providing financial advice and identifying sources of funding to support parish life.
- Developing material for a bespoke digital learning platform (the ‘EQuip Hub’).”
Job descriptions, person specifications, and application form can be found on our website at http://www.dioceseofcoventry.org/vacancies.
Please send completed application forms by email to:
Closing date for applications: Noon Tue 29th Aug 2017
Interviews on one of the following dates: 19th-21st Sep, 25th Sep,
2nd-3rd Oct 2017
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.