SOMA UK works for the transformation and healing of individuals, churches, communities and their lands through the renewing power of the Holy Spirit, through relationship, intercession and multicultural, cross-cultural teams.
On our 40th anniversary, in 2019, Archbishop Justin Welby said: “SOMA … You are essential to the global Anglican Communion. You are part of the glue that says we belong to each other because we belong to Jesus. You have done the most remarkable things. I celebrate what God has done through you”.
Owing to the planned retirement of the current National Director, in the summer of 2021, we are able to offer an exciting and rare opportunity to lead and develop this versatile, worldwide, mission agency that equips leaders across the Anglican Communion by facilitating encounter with the Holy Spirit to empower them for their own mission and ministry.
The Trustees seek to appoint a National Director who:
- is an experienced advocate, teacher and practitioner of the renewing power of the Holy Spirit in the ministry and mission of the Church, and is committed to that renewing power in their own life
- possesses excellent relational and social skills, is self-aware, self-regulating, self-motivated and empathetic
- thinks and acts strategically
- will envision and lead staff, trustees, intercessors, teams, supporters, together with UK and overseas partners
- will envision a new generation to be involved in SOMA
- Is an Anglican priest licensed or holding P.T.O. in the Province of Canterbury or York
For further information and an application pack please contact
Revd Canon Patrick Whitworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2020
Interviews: 22 October 2020 in London
Appointment: Summer 2021
Closing date: 30 September 2020