The Bishop of Birmingham is open to applications from lay or ordained candidates and further information on each possibility is available from the Archdeacon.
Set in diverse east Birmingham, this benefice is an exciting place to minister across three very different churches. Each offers a committed lay team with different focal ministries including conference centre and social support projects, vibrant nursery, innovative community hub, vision for appropriate evangelism and worship, all seeking to reach out in an urban multi faith context. Offering collaborative ministry across the benefice, the minister will focus on leading Christ Church with St Margaret’s an evangelical church, part of the New Wine network.
They will particularly enjoy
- Ministering in an urban multi-faith context
- Discerning appropriate mission and evangelism
- Overseeing diverse Christian communities and models of outreach
- Bringing imagination to site development and buildings for mission
- Developing partnership with community organisations
- Collaboration with lay and ordained colleagues
Closing Date 24 February 2020
Interviews: 26 & 27 March 2020
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact the Archdeacon of Aston, Ven Simon Heathfield, for further conversation on
0121 426 0428 or SimonH@cofebirmingham.com
For full details of these posts and to apply, please see www.cofebirmingham.com/vacancies
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, particularly from those who are currently under-represented including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups and women.
Closing date: 24 February 2020