“Christ Centred, Outward Focused”
We are looking for an energetic, committed disciple with excellent
interpersonal skills, to play a key role implementing and embedding the recent diocesan report on Lay leadership and Lay Ministry that complements national initiatives, particularly Setting God’s People Free.
This will include working with both clergy and laity as part of
achieving Southwark Vision 2017-2025, which is communicated as ‘Walking, Welcoming, Growing’, and in which lay leadership plays a vital role. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make a real difference to the development of mission and ministry across a vibrant, large and diverse Diocese.
The role will involve:
- Identifying, disseminating and embedding good practice across the Diocese.
- Supporting the development of new ways of enabling and equipping lay volunteers in the Diocese to undertake leadership roles.
- Supporting the development of paid lay ministry, including lay pioneer ministry.
- Developing partnerships with other organisations to affirm lay roles in the ‘sent church’.
- Developing and connecting with appropriate regional and
It will require a passion for developing lay leadership in the life of the Church, great communication and influencing skills, collaborative team working and a project management approach to your work.
Experience of parish life and of working with volunteers will be
required as you work through the opportunities that lie ahead.
This is initially a three year fixed term position, open to all, lay or ordained.
Starting salary up to £40,000 per annum
For an informal discussion, please contact Jackie Pontin,
Director of Strategic and Operational Projects, on 020 7939 9461
To apply for this job, visit http://pathways.churchofengland.org/ and search for Lay Leadership Development Adviser
Closing date for applications: 27th January 2019
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: 14th February 2019
Closing date: 27 January 2019