The Bishop of Ely, the Lord Chancellor and Girton College seek to appoint an
Incumbent for Girton and Madingley and Chaplain for Girton College
We are looking for an enthusiastic and thoughtful priest to offer half-time parochial ministry and half-time college chaplaincy. These are two separate positions, though there is the hope and anticipation that one incumbent may suit them both.
We can offer you
- a supportive team of lay ministers, musicians, Parish and College officers
- flexibility within a new ministry arrangement
- support with administrative work
- an excellent vicarage in a village setting with easy access to Cambridge
- College dining rights and associated fellowship entitlement (the Chaplain is a Bye-Fellow of the College)
We are looking for someone who
- is a gifted communicator, committed to their own and others’ spiritual life and growth
- is good with people, with a pastoral heart and an inclusive outlook
- is a confident leader who enjoys teamwork and nurturing others’ gifts and ministry
- values the diversity of Anglican worship
- engages with young people and families
- will foster communal life in the Parishes and College
- Is able and willing to engage with a College community comprising people of all faiths and of none.
Informal enquiries welcome. Please contact the Archdeacon.
Enquiries specific to the College role, please contact the Chaplain, The Revd Dr Malcolm Guite, firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about the College role Terms and Conditions, please contact Girton HR Department, email@example.com
Please write or email for an application form and parish profile to:
The Archdeacon of Cambridge,
The Diocesan Office, Barton Road,
Ely CB7 4DX
Closing date for applications: Friday 21 February 2020
Interviews on: Friday 20 March 2020
The Diocese of Ely is committed to safer recruitment practices for people working or volunteering with children and adults and therefore this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service).
Closing date: 21 February 2020