Three-village United Benefice seeks an energetic half-time (0.5 fte
stipendiary) or House for Duty Priest within commuting distance of Cambridge and London,
Our three villages of Duxford, Ickleton and Hinxton are blessed with many good things, including:
- Supportive, generous and warm congregations
- An excellent 20th Century Rectory in Duxford
- A willingness to work as three churches together, whilst
maintaining the individual character and enthusiasm of each
- An experienced Associate Priest, two LLMs and three
constructive PCCs (with provision for administrative help)
- A dedication to our three unique mediaeval churches
- A good range of church-led social activity
We seek a Half-time or House for Duty priest-in-charge who:
- Is warm and outgoing and who will engage enthusiastically with our different populations, church and non-churchgoers alike
- Will represent the Christian faith with confidence and in terms that are easily understood by the uninitiated as well as by existing congregations
- Is prayerful and keen to serve the needs of young people, those in mid-life and the more mature alike
- Has a cheerful disposition and a good sense of humour and is a confident leader able to delegate
- Is a good listener who has an understanding of multiple rural parishes.
Our villages also have an excellent and successful school in Duxford, which is Duxford Church of England (voluntary controlled) Community Primary School, with which there are close ties.
Informal enquiries welcome: please contact the Archdeacon.
Please write or email for an application form and parish profile to:
The Archdeacon of Cambridge, The Diocesan Office,
Barton Road, Ely CB7 4DX
or see the Diocesan website: https://www.elydiocese.org/about/news-jobs-and-events/job-vacancies/
Closing date for applications: Friday 24 April 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 10 June 2020
The Diocese of Ely is committed to safer recruitment practices
for people working or volunteering with children and adults and therefore this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service).
Closing date: 24 April 2020