”A place to encounter God, refreshing spirits, inspiring minds and transforming lives”
The Trustees are seeking to appoint a
House for Duty Chaplain
to join the clergy team at Launde Abbey, the diocesan retreat house for Leicester and Peterborough dioceses and with a national and
ecumenical profile. They will share in the regular prayer and worship of the community, and in developing the programme of retreats,
Quiet Days and courses. There will be a particular opportunity to
develop contacts with schools.
To this end, we seek a person who:
- has a passion for prayer and spirituality
- is experienced in giving and receiving spiritual direction
- has pastoral gifts, with emotional intelligence and maturity, open to others and a good listener
- is a good team player and colleague, who can work flexibly and supportively of others
- is able to relate to the wide variety of people who come to Launde from all levels of the church and beyond
Accommodation is provided on site at Launde Abbey in South Cottage, a two bedroom cottage.
For informal inquiries or for details about this exciting opportunity please contact the Warden, The Ven David Newman on email@example.com• 01572 717254 or download from the website: www.laundeabbey.org.uk/recruitment
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th April 2020
Interviews: Friday 1st May 2020
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure
There is An Occupational Requirement for the appointed person to be an
ordained member of the Church of England under the 2010 Equality Act, Part 1, Schedule 9.
Closing date: 20 April 2020