The Bishop of St Albans wishes to appoint a
for the benefice of Bromham with Oakley and Stagsden, Bedfordshire
The Bromham Benefice is made up of three attractive rural parishes with a combined population of 8,000, in the valley of the River Great Ouse. We are seeking a vicar who has the necessary experience to lead us in fulfilling our vision to grow in faith, discipleship and outreach to our local communities; in particular, to work with us in developing more vibrant and inspiring family services whilst respecting tradition.
We would like someone who:
- will enable and guide us in realising our goals
- can inspire and unify us in sharing Christ’s love in the communities in which we live and serve.
- can communicate a vision for what is possible and work effectively with us to make it happen.
The three parishes each have their own character and the successful candidate will be:
- able to motivate everybody to fully participate as members of the body of Christ
- flexible and collaborative in their approach
- empathetic in their dealings with all age-groups in the church community and beyond.
We offer you the whole-hearted support of a prayerful and
welcoming church community with the assistance of two experienced
self-supporting priests; plus a four-bedroom vicarage and normal
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th February 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 7th March 2018
Enhanced DBS Disclosure is required
For more information or to apply, please contact:
The Venerable Paul Hughes, Archdeacon of Bedford, 17 Lansdowne Road,Luton, LU3 1EE
Tel: 01582 730722 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org