Ebbsfleet Parishes Development Mentor (EPDM) £45,408 (Ordained. No accommodation provided). Working initially in Coventry but then across the See of Ebbsfleet
The Ebbsfleet ‘Lay Congress’ in March 2016 saw over 400 lay people from different Ebbsfleet dioceses coming to Coventry Cathedral to hear an outline of 8 ‘Essential Qualities’ (8EQs) which enable churches to be healthy and flourish. These qualities are based on international research of over 80,000 churches by Natural Church Development (NCD). Encouraged by positive feedback from the Congress, and experience of the qualities in practice within churches in the Diocese of Coventry, the Bishop of Ebbsfleet has requested assistance from the Diocese of Coventry in developing this approach wider. Funding from the Church Commissioners has been secured to assist in this contribution to mutual flourishing. This new and exciting post has been created to assist in developing these qualities in parishes served by the See of Ebbsfleet.
We are therefore seeking applications from Anglican priests with a generous and mature personal Christian faith and presence, inhabiting and nourished by Anglo-Catholic tradition, and who have:
- The desire and ability to ‘win’ and empower others.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills.
- The ability to win the respect of key strategic Diocesan staff and the Bishop of Ebbsfleet’s Representatives in the relevant Dioceses, and clergy and people of the parishes.
- Experience of senior leadership in churches in different contexts (ideally including both urban and rural) leading to growth across all ages and backgrounds.
- Experience of implementation of vision and strategy, creation and adaptation of appropriate processes, and evaluation and analysis of systems and results.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating and training volunteers.
For more information please see
or contact the Bishop of Ebbsfleet via Mrs Catherine Williamson, his assistant, on Email: office@Ebbsfleet.org.uk • Tel: 0118 948 1038, or the Archdeacon Missioner, The Venerable Morris Rodham, on Morris.Rodham@CovCofE.org • Tel: 07506 731892 or the current Coventry Diocese post-holder
The Revd Tim Mitchell on
Email: Tim.Mitchell@CovCofE.org • Tel: 07496 821460
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Please send completed application forms to:
The deadline for applications is noon, Friday 7th September 2018
Interviews will be held in Coventry on Tuesday 25th September 2018