This is a newly created role and offers an exciting opportunity to join the Diocese as it develops new and enhanced ways of delivering our vision and priorities.
Working closely with the Diocesan Secretary, Bishops and the other members of the Senior Leadership Team you will -
- Rejoice in the calling of the ‘God of surprises’- ready to embrace new things, to follow God’s calling into new places and new times.
- Provide spiritual and practical leadership so that the diocese is highly effective in serving the local church.
- Lead a staff team, and work in partnership with others, to enable lay and ordained ministers to respond to the call of God in their lives.
- Develop and enable mission, ministry and communications in a fast-changing context with new patterns of community and digital engagement.
- As Deputy Diocesan Secretary, work in a close partnership with the Diocesan Secretary to manage and lead all aspects of the work of the Diocesan Board of Finance.
Salary £63,000 plus generous pension scheme.
Information pack and application form are available by clicking the apply for this jobs button below.
Closing date for applications: noon 10 July 2020
Interviews will be held on: 23 July 2020
A role like this, at a time like this, requires an exceptional leader -
The post of Director of Mission and Ministry/Deputy Diocesan Secretary is a new senior leadership role that will provide spiritual and practical leadership in positioning the work of the Diocesan Board of Finance to be highly effective in serving the local church and mobilising its mission and ministry. This is an opportunity to work strategically and with pastoral sensitivity to support and resource local churches at different levels (for example, benefice, deanery or school, with the Diocesan Board of Education). You will need to be able to think simultaneously both locally and with a collective Diocesan mindset.
Closing date: 10 July 2020