We pray to be generous and visible people of Jesus Christ
DIOCESAN DIRECTOR OF ORDINANDS AND VOCATION (DDOV)
The Diocese of Ely is seeking to appoint a priest as Diocesan Director of Ordinands and Vocation (DDOV).
This vital role will lead the discernment, selection, training and pastoral care of ordinands and candidates for lay ministry in the Diocese.
The successful candidate will, among other duties, be responsible for:
- Overseeing the strategic encouragement of vocations in the Diocese, to both ordained and lay ministries
- Developing resources for vocational discernment for use by schools, chaplaincies, parishes and other groups
- Helping to build awareness of vocational discernment among clergy and lay leaders
- Overseeing the work of vocations advisers (including their
recruitment, training, support and review) to work with individuals exploring their vocation
- Overseeing the Diocesan Selection Advisors (DSA’s), including their recruitment, training, support and review
- Interview and assess (or oversee the process of) candidates for selection
- Preparing candidates for the selection process
- Advising recommended candidates on training options; liaising with College and Course Principals, and the Diocesan Ministry and Finance departments
About our Diocese
Our Ely2025 Strategy will underpin our efforts for growth for the Diocese through to 2025 Over the next five years we will be investing £4.36 million in the region’s market towns following successful Strategic Development Funding from the Church of England.
The role is offered on a stipendiary basis with a house.
Closing date for applications 5pm on 5th November 2018
Interview date: 26th November 2018
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Diocesan
vacancy page here - http://www.elydiocese.org//about/vacancies
To find out more about us and what we plan, please visit the vacancy section of our Diocesan website via the link www.elydiocese.org//about/vacancies
Closing date: 26 November 2018