Continuing Ministerial Development Officer
Priest-in-Charge of St John the Baptist, Hove
The Bishop of Chichester is seeking to appoint an experienced priest to be half-time CMD Officer for the clergy of the diocese and half-time
parish priest of St John the Baptist, Hove.
A wonderful opportunity to minister in a lovely part of England.
The role of CMD officer involves
- Working with a committed team in the Diocesan Department for Apostolic Life;
- Supporting clergy as they develop throughout their ministry, and enabling them to deliver Diocesan Strategy;
- Working with the Bishop’s staff to develop appropriate resources and training for clergy;
- Helping the Diocese theologically reflect and respond to the
demands, challenges and opportunities for ministry in Sussex today;
- Helping to enable the Diocese become more fruitful in mission.
St John the Baptist, Hove is looking for a priest who
- Will have strong pastoral gifts
- Will enjoy working in a church which enjoys a glorious situation in Palmeira Square, Hove, close to the sea front;
- Is comfortable in a central church tradition;
- Enjoys working with gifted and committed lay people;
- Likes a creative culture
- Can develop the use social media
- Is a stimulating communicator
A very attractive modern town house is available within
walking distance of the beach and the church.
Applications by 8th November 2018
Interviews on 20th November 2018
Application packs available from Marc Sacher
For an informal conversation,
contact Ven Martin Lloyd Williams regarding St John’s Tel: 01273 425691/07732 676273 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding the CMD officer, contact
Revd Rob Dillingham - Tel: 01273 421021
Closing date: 08 November 2018