St Michael’s Paris, France
ICS seeks an experienced, Anglican evangelical priest to lead this key English-speaking church of many nationalities, backgrounds, ages and denominations in central Paris.
At St. Michael’s we don’t describe ourselves as an ‘expatriate’ church; we are international and culturally diverse, most of our members are well integrated into French society and we have both a global and a local focus. We recognise that we
are in a very strategic position, and we want to make the very best of it for the Kingdom of God and for His glory.
Strongly committed to Biblical teaching and open to the work
of the Holy Spirit, our vision is to grow:
- In intimacy with God
- In deep commitment to one another
- In lives which show the fruit of radical obedience
- As a beacon in Paris and to the nations
A congregation of about 200 worships on Sundays: morning
(contemporary) and evening (more traditional) and an
afternoon Tamil congregation, part of our community but
with its own pastor.
Our (paid) leadership consists of:
- An experienced Associate Chaplain
- A Children and Families’ Worker
- Administrator and a part-time Assistant
We are looking for someone who is:
- able to lead and care for the congregation
- comfortable with a diverse congregation of all ages
- able to lead worship with a variety of styles
- gifted in preaching
- able to inspire and equip us for mission
- a team leader
- able to delegate
- keen to develop, nurture and grow new ministries
Fluency in French would be an advantage as would international experience.
We offer a full stipend, a central Paris apartment only 5 minutes’ walk from the church, utilities, UK C of E pension contribution and usual expenses.
If you are interested in a ministry with many challenges and rewards send for an Information Pack with our Profile from Ms Jeannette Spaanderman, 024-7646 3940 or
Closing date for applications: 29 January 2018
Interview in Paris: 27 February 2018
Enhanced Disclosure required.
Informal enquiries welcome.