The Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham is seeking to appoint an
Archdeacon who will bring their diverse experience and background to the Bishop’s Senior Team, sharing in the strategic leadership of mission for Growing Disciples across the diocese, with particular responsibility in the Archdeaconry of Newark. The post holder will also take the lead on key strategic areas of mission, according to their gifting; this may be as the diocesan lead for nurturing prayer life and spirituality, as well as fostering present and innovating new models of Lay Vocations in the Church and on ‘Frontlines’ in society.
The Archdeaconry offers rich and diverse opportunities for mission across 135 parishes north of Nottingham city, comprising rural villages interspersed among the historic market towns of Newark and Retford and the larger, burgeoning post-industrial centres of Mansfield and Worksop. The Cathedral Church of the Diocese, Southwell Minster, and Worksop Priory are also within the Archdeaconry.
Amongst the opportunities this position offers, the Bishop is looking to appoint someone who can:
- Support clergy and lay leaders turning vision into action, helping to develop and implement long-term, sustainable plans for
mission and growth.
- Facilitate the planting and grafting of new worshipping
communities in diverse settings aligned with diocesan objectives for Growing Disciples.
- Deliver a compelling picture for how generosity in giving,
managing finance, pastoral structures and administration can
release resources for mission and enable growth.
- Winsomely preach and teach the faith, inspiring others through a personal commitment to evangelism, out of a conviction for whole-life discipleship.
- Contribute confidently to awareness, delivery and adherence of all Safeguarding practices.
Closing Date: 5 January 2021
Interviews: 22 January 2021
Please apply by clicking the 'apply for this job' button below - Ref No: CofE/TP/148/2847
Details are also available to view on the Diocesan website http://southwell.anglican.org/
For an informal discussion and further information contact:
Amanda Lees, Bishop’s Chaplain
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and the diocese
particularly encourages applications from women and candidates
with a black, Asian or minority ethnic background.
Enhanced DBS clearance required.
Closing date: 05 January 2021