The Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham is seeking to appoint an
Archdeacon who, as a member of the Bishop’s Senior team, will share in the strategic leadership of mission for Growing Disciples across the diocese, with particular responsibility in the Archdeaconry of Newark. The post holder will also be the Chair of the Diocesan Board of Education, bringing experience, insight and creativity into developing opportunities for Christian distinctiveness across 65 Primary and 8 Secondary church schools and their local parishes, integrated within the diocesan strategy for growing younger disciples.
The Archdeaconry offers rich and diverse opportunities for mission across 135 parishes north of Nottingham city, comprising rural villages interspersed among the historic market towns of Newark and Retford and the larger, burgeoning post-industrial centres of Mansfield and Worksop. The Cathedral Church of the Diocese, Southwell Minster, and Worksop Priory are also within the Archdeaconry.
Amongst the opportunities this position offers, the Bishop is looking to appoint someone who can:
- Share in the leadership of mission and pastoral care across the Archdeaconry
- Support clergy and lay leaders turning vision into action, helping to develop and implement long-term, sustainable plans for
mission and growth.
- Facilitate the planting and grafting of new worshipping
communities in diverse settings aligned with diocesan objectives for Growing Disciples, with particular attention to rural, market towns and post-industrial contexts.
- Deliver a compelling picture for how generosity in giving,
managing finance, pastoral structures and administration can
release resources for mission and enable growth.
- Winsomely preach and teach the faith, inspiring others through a personal commitment to evangelism, out of a conviction for whole-life discipleship.
- Contribute confidently to awareness, delivery and adherence of all Safeguarding practices.
Closing Date: 6th March 2020
Interviews: 1st April 2020
Please apply via this link: http://ctjob.uk/BZPSZD
Ref No: CofE/TP/148/2452
Details are also available to view on the Diocesan website
For an informal discussion and further information contact:
Amanda Lees, Bishop’s Chaplain on:
07917 684635 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from suitably qualified clergy from all sections of the community and we strive to be an equal opportunity employer.
Enhanced DBS clearance required.
Closing date: 06 March 2020