We are seeking an inspiring and innovative colleague to lead on strategic mission in rural Suffolk for our Growing in God in the Countryside project, strengthening mission and ministry and responding effectively to the challenges of church renewal in rural communities across the Diocese.
Over the next six years this project aims to develop 1500 new rural disciples, 50 small missional groups, a wide variety of new Fresh Expressions of Church, a number of Rural Resourcing Churches and enriched mission and ministry across our existing parishes.
As Archdeacon you will lead this project by:
• Serving God’s mission in rural Suffolk
• Enabling the discernment of God’s activity and creative and adaptive
responses to that activity
• Commitment to a mixed economy of flourishing congregations
• Encouraging and supporting clergy and laity in mission
• Working imaginatively and sensitively across diverse constituencies
• Enjoying working with a committed, supportive and friendly senior
• Leading and communicating strategically and enthusiastically
For an informal conversation please contact
Bishop Mike Harrison on 01473 252829.
This post is subject to the success of our second stage SDF application.
Full details can be downloaded from www.cofesuffolk.org or on request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 23 November
Interview date: Friday 14 December
Closing date: 23 November 2018