The Bishop of Southwark wishes to appoint a Vicar
St Mildred’s in Addiscombe, Croydon is looking for our new vicar, steeped in the liberal traditions of the church, to help us fulfil our mission of seeking to be an open and loving church, growing in faith and confidence and joyfully sharing God’s love with all.
We are looking for a new vicar who will:
- Provide sincere and prayerful spirituality to a committed and caring congregation
- To lead the parish in mission, having a vision for new projects and initiatives and be open to fresh expressions of worship
- Provide energetic leadership to make us a truly Inclusive church where all are welcome
- Have a love of music and be supportive of our musical tradition
- Bring the church and Centre together, building on our outreach work with the local community
- Be pastoral and caring (a good listener) able to relate to all ages
- Strengthen our work with young families and children
We offer a recently refurbished Grade II listed church in a good state of repair, attached to a large community centre which provides a hub for our outreach work. A supportive Ministry team of retired Priest, Reader, trainee Reader and Southwark Pastoral Auxiliary (SPA). Support from the full-time Area Dean and experienced PCC team. A four bedroomed, modern vicarage, close to local shops and schools and with great public transport links.
For further information and to apply, please visit by clicking 'apply for this job' button below.
For an informal conversation with the Archdeacon, please email Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment
Closing Date: Sunday 11 February 2024 (midnight)
Parish Visit & Interviews: Tuesday 5 March 2024
We have a policy in Southwark Diocese that to be appointed to an incumbent status post, a priest must have served a title post in an Anglican church in the British Isles. We aim to be a diverse and truly representative Diocese, and particularly welcome applications from women and people of UKME heritage.
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
Closing date: 11 February 2024